The Batchewana First Nation of Ojibways
Batchewana First Nation is an Anishinabe community located on the eastern most point of Lake Superior. Batchewana First Nation has a registered population of 2479. Nearly 30% of the registered population lives on 2241.4 hectares of land across four reserve areas: Goulais Bay, Obadjiwan, Rankin, and Whitefish Island. The remaining 70% live off reserve, many in the nearby city of Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario
Batchewana First Nation (BFN) Philosophy:
“It is the aspiration of everyone that we will all work together for the good of the community and good community life. In order to have a healthy community, physically, mentally, and spiritually, it is recognized that we must respect one another. Moreover, it is agreed that religious tolerance is a principle of our community life for mutual respect and understanding.”
Visit www.batchewana.ca for more information.